Body Control Pilates is one of the world’s most recognised and respected Pilates organisations, We have been training teachers since 1996 and are known for pioneering the development of group matwork Pilates in the UK and beyond. This course is part of our unrivalled offering of more than 50 different courses for Pilates teachers. Our mission has not changed since the day we started: to make the benefits of Pilates accessible to, and affordable by, everyone.
We take pride that we are currently the only UK training provider to offer a course that meets the requirements of both the flagship Society for the Pilates Method standard and the existing ‘Level 3 Pilates‘ certification with no additional costs.
Our qualification has historically been accredited against the ‘Level 3 Pilates’ national standard – in fact, we far exceed the requirements of that standard. In 2021, the newly-formed Society for the Pilates Method (SPM) introduced a new standard for matwork teacher training and we are proud to also be recognised as meeting that far more demanding, standard.
Body Control Pilates is widely seen as a benchmark for safe and effective teaching of the highest quality, with teachers working in more than 50 countries. It is Europe’s largest professional Pilates organisation with some 1,500 teaching members and all of our certified teachers have, at a minimum, completed our Body Control Pilates matwork course. Our international network of teachers remain committed to continue delivering excellence in Pilates.
Whilst there is a now a wide range of teacher training courses available in the UK, Body Control Pilates remains a benchmark for quality, for the precision of teaching, and for access to teaching practice through our unique network of ‘supervising teachers’. This offers opportunities to assist in the ‘real life’ teaching of classes, helping you build your skills and confidence as a teacher.
We make no bones about it – our matwork teacher training course is one of the toughest courses you can take and you should assume that it will take between 6 to 12 months to complete. But, more than any other course, this will ensure that you are absolutely ready to teach group classes when you qualify – you will have the knowledge; a unique repertoire of more than 100 exercises; the ability to assess clients and adapt exercises; the range of teaching techniques to ensure your clients get maximum results from your classes – and you will be supported by a world-leading organisation.
Several factors set Body Control Pilates apart from other training organisations:
- Course tuition is delivered by our team of experienced Pilates teachers, giving you exposure to a wide variety of teaching styles.
- You will study over 100 exercises and learn how to adapt these to your client’s individual needs so that they can work safely and effectively.
- All students have direct access to our Student Support Team who can advise and guide your progress through the course.
- We have a national network of over 100 Supervising Teachers who are trained to work with students during their supervised teaching period. This makes it much easier to gain some of these hours closer to home.
- After qualification, Body Control Pilates offers unrivalled support and development opportunities through our membership body.