Lynne is Founder and Director of the Body Control Pilates group of companies, covering education (Lynne is actively involved in being a tutor on training courses for new teachers and on specialist courses for qualified teachers) and membership – the Body Control Pilates Association is Europe’s largest professional body for Pilates teachers (approximately 1,500 teaching members). Before the pandemic took hold in early 2020, Lynne would regularly travel internationally, delivering courses and workshops in Japan, Hong Kong, the US, Middle East and Europe.
Alongside her teaching responsibilities, Lynne has continued to remain busy writing new courses for Body Control Pilates, recording new videos for Body Control Pilates Central, and writing books. Her latest book (Pilates Express) will be published by Kyle Books (Hachette) in January 2022.
“Lynne is the High Priestess of Pilates. I trust her implicitly.”
A Brief Profile
Lynne was at the forefront of creating the boom in Pilates in the UK and her name and image have become synonymous with Pilates. She is firmly established as the world’s top-selling Pilates author and presenter, her books and videos being sold in over thirty countries.
Her first introduction to Pilates came in 1992 whilst living in Sydney, Australia, after being recommended to take up classes as a solution to the severe back problems that Lynne had experienced for many years. Lynne was a student with Penny Latey in Sydney, and then completed her formal Pilates training after returning to London. She co-founded Body Control Pilates in 1995.
In the UK, the Times newspaper has hailed her as “The Queen of Pilates” and the Observer called her “The undisputed First Lady of Pilates”. Recognising the impact that her work has had on general attitudes to fitness and on training techniques, the London Evening Standard featured Lynne in their list of London’s ‘Power People’, the capital’s three hundred most influential people.
Lynne has worked with many elite teams and athletes, including the Football Association, the England Cricket Team, Chelsea Football Club (where, on a weekly basis for many years, she taught players in the first team and reserve squads and worked closely with the club’s medical management) and West Bromwich Albion FC. Her private clients have included Liz Hurley, Sophie Dahl, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Hollie Willoughby, Hugh Grant, Pat Cash, and Kyran Bracken.
“I personally love Lynne’s DVDs – they are tremendous. I teach Pilates, yet they have helped me in my own personal Pilates and more importantly, they have helped me to be a better teacher. The cueing and knowledge Lynne has provided has been so good to me and for me. I am overwhelmed by Lynne’s talent.”
Radio Talk Show Host and Producer, USA
Books and DVDs
Lynne has authored numerous best-selling books on the Pilates Method and presented 13 DVDs. Well over two million copies have been sold.
- Pilates Express (Kyle Books) 2022
- Shape Up with Pilates (Kyle Books) 2020
- Pilates for Life (Kyle Books) (with Carmela Trappa) (2014)
- Pilates for Pregnancy (Kyle Books) (2012)
- The Pilates Bible with Lisa Bradshaw and Nathan Gardner (Kyle Books) (2010)
- Pilates for Weight Loss (Kyle Books) (2008)
- Pilates: A New Body in 28 Days with Gordon Thomson (2005)
- The Body Control Pilates Pregnancy Book with Jacqueline Knox MCSP (2004)
- Pilates plus Diet with Fiona Hunter (2003)
- The Pilates Pocket Traveller with Helge Fisher, Paul Massey (in association with British Airways) (2002)
- The Body Control Pilates Back Book with Helge Fisher, Paul Massey MCSP (2002)
- The Perfect Body: The Pilates Way with Caroline Brien (2002)
- Intelligent Exercise with Pilates and Yoga with Howard Napper (2002)
- Pilates Gym™ with Gerry Convy (2001)
- The Official Body Control Pilates Manual with Helge Fisher, Gordon Thomson and Jacqueline Knox (2000)
- Pilates: The Way Forward with Gordon Thomson (1999)
- The Mind Body Workout with Helge Fisher (1998)
- Body Control Pilates: The Pilates Way with Gordon Thomson (1997)
“Lynne is the only woman on earth who has ever got my stomach looking anywhere near flat, so I think of her as something of a miracle worker.”
DVD’s (Firefly Entertainment)
- Inch Loss Pilates (2013)
- Pilates The Core Workout (2012)
- Pilates The Bottom Line (2011)
- Total Pilates (2006)
- The Pilates Body (2004)
- Pilates and Pregnancy (2004)
- Everyday Pilates with Fern Britton (2003)
- Shape Up The Pilates Way (2002)
- Pilates Powerhouse (2001)
- Pilates Express® (2000)
- Perfect Body: The Pilates Way (1999)
- The Pilates Weekly Workout (1998)
- Body Control Pilates: The Pilates Way (1997)