- Qualified with Body Control Pilates in 2014
- Back4Good® Practitioner (Low Back Pain specialist)
- Comprehensive Studio Certification
- Level 3 Exercise Referral qualified
- Level 3 Award in Pre and Postnatal Pilates
- Supervising teacher for Body Control Pilates students
Melanie teaches Healthy Back and Tower classes and offers Private 1:1 Sessions at the Body Control Pilates Centre.
Melanie trained as a dancer but her dancing career was cut short by the discovery of multiple issues with her spine. On retiring from dance at the age of 23, Melanie’s back pain got progressively worse. She decided to take up Pilates as a way to manage her own pain. Finding how effective Pilates was she felt compelled to learn more about it and share the benefit of it with others. That’s what brought her to train as a Body Control Pilates teacher.
Melanie’s aim is to help clients re-connect with their bodies and to encourage a healthier, more aligned moving body. With a background in movement education and with an interest in biomechanics, Melanie enjoys teaching people from all backgrounds and levels of experience. She has a particular interest in working with people with low back pain.
To book a Private 1:1 Session with Melanie please call The Body Control Pilates Centre on 020 7636 8900