£60 per private session
- Qualified with Body Control Pilates in March 2011
- Body Control Pilates Reformer certification
- Level 3 Award in Pilates and Bone Health
- Level 3 Award in Pre and Postnatal Pilates
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 4 Exercise Specialist in Chronic Respiratory Disease
- Supervising teacher for Body Control Pilates student teachers
- Body Control Pilates Regional Coordinator
Jo is available to teach private sessions on Thursdays. She teaches group classes at the Body Control Pilates Centre on Monday and Thursday evenings.
Jo trained as a dancer at Northern Ballet School, graduating with several dance teaching qualifications. During her time at NBS she was also awarded a distinction in Anatomy after studying at Manchester Medical School.
Jo was introduced to Pilates as part of her dance training at the age of eleven. Finding it to be an invaluable addition to her training, she continued to practise Pilates-based exercises throughout her training and performance career. After suffering a severe neck injury on her last contract, Jo was treated by a physiotherapist who used specific Pilates exercises for her rehabilitation, enabling her to continue dancing. Due to this experience she decided to train with Body Control Pilates, qualifying in 2011.
Jo is continuously amazed by the improvements that this method can bring to the body and is especially interested in working with performers and people with respiratory disease.
You can contact The Body Control Pilates Centre to book a Private Session on 020 7636 8900 or contact the Teacher directly.