Matwork Teacher Training UK
Foreword by Lynne RobinsonFounder and Director
BA Honours and Postgraduate Certificate of Education
Body Control Pilates is the UK and European market leader in Pilates teacher training. We also offer training programmes in countries as varied as Canada, South Africa, China, Norway, Denmark, Qatar, Hong Kong and Japan.
Since we ran our first course in 1996, we have gained a reputation for quality and support with more than 1,500 graduates now running successful businesses as Body Control Pilates teachers. Our initial matwork teacher training course is probably the most comprehensive course available anywhere in the world and is delivered by our experienced team of teacher trainers, backed up by an unrivalled network of more than 100 supervising teachers across the UK.
For those wanting to make Pilates teaching their vocation, it is vital that you choose the right training course, a course that puts equal emphasis on the teaching of Pilates theory and anatomy and on the development of practical skills and client assessment. Now that the Pilates industry, in association with SkillsActive and the Register of Exercise Professionals, has a UK national standard for Pilates, it is important that you select a training provider that has been approved against that standard (Level 3 Pilates Teacher).
Body Control Pilates has received that formal approval and can therefore provide the best possible start to your teaching career. Our course, in fact, far exceeds the requirements of that standard. Once qualified, we will continue to offer you unrivalled support and access to a comprehensive programme of professional development.
Several factors set Body Control Pilates apart from other training organisations:
- Course tuition is delivered by our team of experienced Pilates teachers, giving you exposure to a wide variety of teaching styles.
- All students have direct access to a Course Mentor who can advise and support throughout the course.
- We have a national network of 100 Supervising Teachers who are trained to work with students during their supervised teaching period. This makes it much easier to gain some of these hours closer to home.
- Our regional centres in Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Northampton, Gloucestershire and Belfast offer key elements such as practical assessments and supervised teaching workshops.
- After qualification, Body Control Pilates offers unrivalled support and development opportunities through our membership body.